By Robert L. LaFemina
Captures the country of the technological know-how with twenty reports that research the most recent in today’s antiviral drug discovery efforts.
- Presents the elemental ideas of antiviral brokers and forecasts destiny possibilities.
- Investigates novel enzyme and protein inhibitors.
- Analyzes scientific elements of viral an infection in regards to therapy and toxicity.
- Examines recognized and power ambitions in any respect phases of viral improvement.
- Serves as a source for virologists, biochemists, pharmaceutical chemists, and different investigators.
- Covers a vast diversity of viruses, together with HIV-1, HSV, and HCV.
Read or Download Antiviral research : strategies in antiviral drug discovery PDF
Best viral books
This resource booklet lines, via modern writings, the calamitous effect of the Black demise in Europe, with specific connection with its unfold throughout England from 1345 to 1349.
Bacterial pollutants play a major function in infectious ailments. numerous are among the main powerful organic brokers recognized to guy. Cholera, pertussis, botulinum, clostridium and tetanus pollution are all produced by way of micro organism. in lots of circumstances, it's the toxin produced and never the infectious agent itself that motives pathology.
Viruses that identify long term or maybe lifelong infections have developed subtle recommendations to counteract a strong host immune reaction. Bringing huge DNA viruses like adenoviruses and herpesviruses into concentration, this e-book records various such mechanisms, indicating a truly energetic quarter of study over the past few years.
In 1497 the neighborhood council of a small city in Scotland issued an order that each one gentle women--women suspected of prostitution-- be branded with a sizzling iron on their face. In overdue eighteenth- century England, the physique of the prostitute turned nearly synonymous with venereal affliction as medical professionals drew up exact descriptions of the irregular and degenerate features of fallen ladies.
- Infectious Processes: Knowledge, Discourse, and the Politics of Prions (Science, Technology and Medicine in Modern History)
- The Official Patient's Sourcebook on Psittacosis: A Revised and Updated Directory for the Internet Age
- Influenza A - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
- Viral transport in plants
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Extra info for Antiviral research : strategies in antiviral drug discovery
Hwang, Y. -Y. Liu, D. M. Coen, and C. B. C. Hwang. 1997. Effects of mutations in the Exo III motif of the herpes simplex virus DNA polymerase gene on enzyme activities, viral replication, and replication fidelity. J. Virol. 71:7791–7798. 85. Ilsley, D. -H. Lee, W. H. Miller, and R. D. Kuchta. 1995. Acyclic guanosine analogues inhibit DNA polymerases a, d, and with very different potencies and have unique mechanisms of action. Biochemistry 34:2504–2510. 86. Irmiere, A. , M. M. Manos, J. G. Jacobson, J.
S. Taylor, and J. M. Sowadski. 1991. Structure of a peptide inhibitor bound to the catalytic subunit of cyclic adenosine monophosphate-dependent protein kinase. Science 253:414–420. 92. , R. Mirchev, D. E. Golan, A. M. van Oijen, and D. M. Coen. 2008. Hopping of a processivity factor on DNA revealed by single-molecule assays of diffusion. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 105:10721–10726. 93. Krosky, P. -C. Baek, W. J. Jahng, I. Barrera, R. J. Harvey, K. K. Biron, D. M. Coen, and P. B. Sethna. 2003. The human cytomegalovirus UL44 protein is a substrate for the UL97 protein kinase.
Darby. 1987. Related functional domains in virus DNA polymerases. EMBO J. 6:169–175. 98. , A. D. Stuart, and M. S. Chee. 1992. Human cytomegalovirus UL97 open reading frame encodes a protein that phosphorylates the antiviral nucleoside analogue ganciclovir. Nature 358:160–162. 99. , J. D. Knafels, J. S. Chang, G. A. Waszak, E. T. Baldwin, M. R. , D. R. Thomsen, F. L. Homa, P. A. Wells, M. C. Tory, R. A. Poorman, H. Gao, X. Qiu, and A. P. Seddon. 2006. Crystal structure of the herpes simplex virus 1 DNA polymerase.
Antiviral research : strategies in antiviral drug discovery by Robert L. LaFemina